Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sarah Juice's 60s Dylan Mix!



Sarah Juice has this to say about the mix:
This is the dreaded Dylan Mix. Well... Part One of the dreaded Dylan Mix. The catalogue is too big and he changes styles, voices, and even religions throughout the now 50 years he's been recording, so I decided to break it down into the 1960s, 1970s, and then 1989-2010.

Part One: 1960's. Dylan started off the 60's with folk and protest songs. I didn't include any protest songs here cos you'd all hate that stuff, but you know a lot of them already: Blowin in The Wind, Times They Are a Changin, etc. So from folk we go straight into rock. The bulk of the mix is this mid 60's golden era of Dylan's rock phase, but at the tail end we cover his brief country phase. In between are some of his most popular hits and some other stuff you may never have heard, or heard from other artists. I'd say enjoy, but I'm not stupid enough to think you will. So: Good luck!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jrdv3ud2er4xb4b
Listening party time TBD, but probably best during the middle of the weekday EST so SJ can see all the wonderful comments! edit: OK it's been decided! Two listening parties on October 26th, the first at 1PM EST the second at 8PM EST!

~Harri

P.S. UGH I've got that fucking Patton / Tomahawk "hey ya hey ya hey ya oh" song stuck in my head. *chugs Drano®*

No comments:

Post a Comment