Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kevin Shields Outside Projects Mix!



AKA, my Non-My Bloody Valentine Kevin Shields Proper Mix, or whatever you want to call it. Basically, a bunch of tunes I like that Shields either produced, played on, or remixed that all share elements of his "style," that wall of sound thing, right. A lot of these bands I'm not the biggest fan of but, when KS starts messing around with them, it can turn into a favorite. These are mostly loud though there are a few softer tracks to change the mood. Anyway, enjoy!
01 - Le Volume Courbe - I Shall Skip Your Judgement (KS guitar +) - 2:44
02 - Primal Scream - Acc*l*rator (KS production) - 3:41
03 - The Little Rabbits - La Piscine (KS remix) - 6:01
04 - Dot Allison - Message Personnel (KS guitar +) - 6:25
05 - J Mascis & The Fog - More Light (KS production) - 5:17
06 - Primal Scream - Shoor Speed Kill Light (KS production) - 5:19
07 - Curve - Coming Up Roses (KS remix) - 6:21
08 - The Pastels - Cycle (KS remix) - 6:39
09 - Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater (KS remix) - 8:38
10 - Primal Scream - City (KS production) - 3:22
11 - Placebo - Pure Morning (KS remix) - 3:57
12 - Le Volume Courbe - I Love The Living You (KS guitar +) - 3:23
13 - Primal Scream - MBV Arkestra If They Move Kill'em (KS production) - 6:41
14 - O'Neill - Spook (KS / Leftfield collaboration ?) - 4:07
15 - Mogwai - Mogwai Fear Satan (KS remix) - 16:10
16 - The Frank & Walters - Take Me Through This Life (KS remix) - 5:46

http://www.mediafire.com/?9z6wvh1ne9h8ayw
whew! that was a long mix. I blame Mogwai, but really I couldn't leave it off (it's epic). I do want to ask a favor though, if anyone reading this can please help me find his remix of Sinc, by Mercedes (from this compilation). Thanks! Warning: mix probably not safe for iTunes

Listening party planned for SATURDAY OCT. 23rd @ 7PM EST / MIDNIGHT BST!

Jesse ~Harriman

P.S. the blog has been SHITE lately (dispute)

No comments:

Post a Comment