Thursday, January 8, 2009

OH AFRICA!



Congo! Zambia! Benin! Togo! Nigeria! Ethiopia! Ghana! Tanzania!

This Sunday I'm planning a listening party for a Subsaharan Africa Mix that I made on the RHMB at 5pm Eastern Standard Time (and maybe a replay at 9pm if anyone's interested). I'll put the link and playlist up sometime tomorrow afternoon for download! If anyone is on dial-up and needs an extra day or two to DL, let me know.

It's some psychadelic funk, acid rock, punkish type stuff, Cuban inspired and whatever else, plus a couple of more "traditional" songs as well. This is about these songs rocking, period! Forget modern political considerations! Though, it is kind of cool that some of these tunes are 70s era rebellious invectives!

seeya,

Harri

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been looking forward to this and you have made another early one. Thanks, Harri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about damn time! Hurry the excitement is killing me!

    ReplyDelete