Ah, finally. This year's RHMB Communal Mix. I spent a few weeks asking for people to give me a favorite track from this year and all of fifteen people were nice enough to participate (thanks, everybody!), including me (thanks, me!)
These are just in the order in which I thought they would sound the best, just so you don't think that Jason and hamdy are my favorites (ironically, I hate them both). I will try and put together a streaming link again before the listening thing.
A listening party is planned for Sunday, January 3rd, at 7PM, unless most of the people on this mix disagree with me, and then I'll update with a different date (or there may be two listening parties? who knows!). Also, good luck getting this to work with iTunes. *shakes head*
Here's the tracklist & link, with Track Number - Band Name - Song Title (RHMBer that picked the track) (track length):
01 - Local Natives - Wide Eyes (Jason!) (4:27)
02 - Sic Alps - L Mansion (hamdy) (2:38)
03 - Washed Out - Get Up (Harri) (3:01)
04 - Kings of Convenience - Mrs. Cold (Miss Modular) (3:08)
05 - Califone - Polish Girls (fradleybox) (3:04)
06 - Tabloid - The Junkie Violin Player (The Brutal End of Dirty Socks) (4:52)
07 - Other Lives - Matador (jamca) (3:44)
08 - Yo La Tengo - Periodically Double or Triple (Sarah Juice) (3:53)
09 - OOIOO - Hewa Hewa (Okelydokely Computer) (1:29)
10 - Metric - Gold Guns Girls (The Grolsch) (4:05)
11 - Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (Mack) (3:27)
12 - Dirty Projectors - Two Doves (really dizzy) (3:41)
13 - Mew - Hawaii (Strack) (5:01)
14 - Dan Deacon - Snookered (Gimme Some Truth) (8:03)
15 - Atlas Sound with Noah Lennox - Walkabout (revilo) (3:58)
http://www.mediafire.com/?wmznoj2rzmz
also, an additional track:
16 - Sonic Youth - Malibu Gas Station (only sleeping) (5:39)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2mywhkz1jd
ya retard of this year
Harri
P.S. I originally credited "Mew" instead of "Strack" for the Mew track. me dumb.
No comments:
Post a Comment